Private prescription service – free to pharmacies to use
The Fast Doctor service allows independents and small chains to compete with multiples which offer their customers pick-up medicine in-store after an online doctor's consultation.
- Pharmacies sign-up for the service free online – simple process
- Each pharmacy has their own web pages
- Online consultations completed by customers in-store, or at home/office, or when out and about
- Customers/patients pay £5.00 online for the prescription
- GMC doctors send prescriptions electronically to pharmacies
- Customers collect their medicine and pay for medicine in-store
- Pharmacies set their own medicine prices – easy to edit (multiplier of trade pricing or set manually)
- Prescriptions issued same or next day – weekends included
- Patient and pharmacy notifications by email and SMS TXT
- Common conditions treated including, malaria tablets, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, emergency contraception, Chlamydia treatment and others (see full list)
- GP managed and CQC regulated service
- Simple consultations – over 400,000 prescriptions issued since 2011
- Patients and pharmacies receive email and SMS alerts
- Secured data – each pharmacy has its own login
- FREE customer awareness material available to display in-store - flyers and posters printed with your pharmacy details and delivered direct.
Fast Doctor uses a proven system for prescribing and dispensing medicine. This is a great opportunity for pharmacies to extend the range of services to customers without needing to invest in a website and an online prescribing system.
It is free for pharmacies, with no obligation. Normal standards of medicine supply and dispensing apply. Available only to GPhC/PSNI registered pharmacies.